Welcome to my knee replacement blog called www.kneereplacementrehab.com where I share all the necessary information about it and Knee replacement recovery.
I am Ankur Desai. I am a physiotherapist with 18 years of experience. I am a registered Physiotherapist in Brampton, Ontario and immigrated to Canada from a town called Valsad, Gujarat, India 10 years ago.
I currently provide in home physiotherapy services to knee replacement patients in and around Brampton, Ontario, Canada including the greater Toronto area.
Also, I provide virtual physical therapy services for Knee Replacement patients all around the globe. Shortly I am coming out with a sequential Knee Replacement Rehab course. So stay tuned.
I am also working on my NPTE exam currently to become a licensed Physical Therapist in the USA.
I have a small family of me, my wife Dipti Desai and son Marmik Desai and my Sparky (Pomeranian).
Physiotherapy is in my blood as my dad Mr.Shankarbhai Desai has been a national award winner physiotherapist in India and has been successfully running a physiotherapy practice for the last 40 years. My younger brother Mr. Nirmal Desai is also a physiotherapist for the last 13 years.
When I was in India I was working as a Chief Physiotherapist for Center for Knee surgery, Baroda. It is the hospital run by Dr. Bharat Modi, a well-known knee replacement surgeon. It is a hospital where yearly around 800-1000 knee replacement surgery is done along with numerous arthroscopic knee surgeries. It was really fun and a great learning experience.
Why Knee Replacement recovery blog?
There is a combination of reasons why I created the www.kneereplacementrehab.com website.
Some of them are:
- As a PT, I have a longer and deeper connection with patients who are having knee arthritis compared to few minutes consultations with Knee Specialists. Many times patients come to me asking for my opinion on Knee pain treatment options. Along with that family members and community members also approach me as they trust me in their health matter.
- I am passionate about Knee Replacement rehab subject matter. I have seen cases where, due to severe arthritic changes in Knees, patients can hardly walk. And after knee replacement surgery and Proper Knee Replacement Rehab, they start walking and enjoying their life back. I love seeing those happy faces in person and online.
- My mom is 62, and a few years back, she had undergone arthroscopic knee surgery. So far, she is doing ok, but I know she will need knee replacement surgery in the future for sure. Thus to be prepared for future knee replacement surgery for my mom, I created this website. Hopefully, by then, I will have many success stories on my website, which will reinforce her decision. Mom, be ready for virtual knee replacement rehab therapy!
- Also, doctors are super busy and they would like to see as many patients as possible in the allocated time. I do not think anything wrong with it but due to this so many times patients are not prepared properly for this surgery and it is my humble effort to educate all the patients and family members about this great surgical treatment option for knee arthritis.
- Total Knee Replacement & Rehabilitation- The Knee Owner’s manual By Daniel J Brugioni, M.D. and Jeff Falkel, Ph.D., P.T.
- Hip and Knee surgery by Robert Edward Kennon, M.D.
- So many websites
Above mentioned books help me structure my content greatly and I would say it is must for any person going for knee replacement surgery.
You can like us on facebook page here.